Saturday, April 28, 2012

Friday Morning, 8 am

Place: road from Mt. Herzl to Ein Karem
Time: 8:00 am
Time awaited: 0 min

Sometimes things just happen. The bus is late, someone on the street asks me for directions, a sign catches my eye, the phone rings. Things happen that I don't plan, nor think about but since they are mundane and fit into the natural flow of my day that they don't get a blog post.

And sometimes, things happen, fitting naturally into the flow but deserve some special attention.

It was 8 am and I was starting to worry I would be late. Technically, it wouldn't start before 8:15 and I should be able to make it just in time, but although Dafna knew I was coming, I was a little stressed. The morning started at 5:45 in Be'er Sheva, following a spontaneous decision to end the Independence Day celebrations there rather than return to sleep in Jerusalem. So, from one bus to another and one light rail too, only 1 hour and 45 minutes later I found myself at Mt. Herzl making my way down to Ein Karem for a dance class in nature (Hey, I hear you whispering Hippie. And proud of it!) There was a bus stop, but it seemed the bus had just passed and I had no patience to wait and figured I could walk it.

I was walking casually down the road wondering if people usually hitchhike down this way as the bus I needed zoomed by. Oh well, I thought, at least I'm getting a good morning walk. A few minutes later a scooter passes me and the guy on it seems to ask me something which I don't quite understand. The next thing I know, he stops on the side of the rode, takes out a helmet and we are on our way to Ein Karem (not before I am prompted on where to put my hands and legs...). A few minutes later he let me off at the bottom of the hill, at the designated meeting point, I thanked him and he was gone, me hardly getting a glimpse of his face.

And thus, I made it on time to an amazing class I had my first experience on the back of scooter AND there is finally material for this blog.

No comments: